ABOUT THE PROGRAM
ACC Business Apprenticeship Program (BAP) is a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) approach that bridges the gap between post-secondary institutions and the business community by supporting students in accessing quality WIL opportunities while assisting businesses with recruitment and accessing student wage subsidies.
"Cultivate in-demand skills and develop leaders by connecting the best and brightest post-secondary students to the business community across the Chamber network."
HOW BAP WORKS
- Provides a consistent approach with clear expectations for business to engage students in and out of the classrooms, improving skills and recruitment opportunities.
- Builds work-related skills and experience in post-secondary graduates, making their skill-sets more attractive to business.
- Helps solve business problems by providing a temporary workforce boost, and a way to find quality students for internships.
- Improves learning opportunities for Universities and Colleges. Skilled graduates attract student applicants.
- Improves students' hire-ability with employers and recruiters when looking for internships and work after graduation.