What: 2019 Western Canada ACC Excellence Summit featuring Disney Institute
Date: March 5 to 7, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily
Location: The Best Western Premier Calgary Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, 1316 - 33 Street N.E. Calgary
Purchase Tickets Here
Summit cost includes:
- $1,797 per person while quantities last
- Three Disney Institute course-specific participant guides for each day
- Lunch, coffee, tea and snacks
- Three personalized course-specific Disney Institute certificates and a pair of Disney Institute Graduation Ears
Canada-Alberta Job Grant coverage:
- Ticket sales are final.
- Name substitutions/changes are permitted if received in writing by the original ticket holder by March 1, 2019.
What you will learn:
Day 1: Disney's approach to leadership excellence
- For eligible Alberta employees of eligible private companies and non-profit organizations, the cost of this training will be shared. Some restrictions apply.
- For details and a link to the eligibility terms, please email email@example.com.
Day 2: Disney's approach to employee engagement
- Learn how to:
- Identify the personal and organizational values that drive you as a leader
- Create alignment between your personal values and vision and those of the business or team
- Share a compelling vision for the future that drives action
- Understand the role of a leader in culture-building and team support
- Sustain your organization's values and vision during times of change
- Establish your own legacy as a leader
Day 3: Disney's approach to quality service
- Learn how to:
- Adapt Disney business insights to assess and improve your organizational culture
- Shape your work culture based on desired employee behaviours and select people who are the right fit
- Use training strategies that ensure employees are confident in their roles
- Improve communication, empower employees and strengthen morale
- Create a supportive environment through genuine care and recognition programs
Who can benefit?
- Learn how to:
- Assess and improve your organization's commitment to quality service
- Differentiate and evaluate your service to become a provider of choice
- Design standards for quality service and create a consistent service experience
- Gauge the needs, wants, stereotypes and emotions of your customers at an individual level
- Understand the processes necessary to develop a culture that consistently delivers exceptional service
- Recover effectively from a service failure and turn it into an opportunity to strengthen customer relations
- Explore key business practices that make Walt Disney Parks & Resorts a worldwide success
- Adapt Disney's insights to help drive business and sustain a competitive advantage
- Build stronger leadership to foster a healthy and productive culture
- Deliver a world-renowned customer experience
- Discover how to adapt the best practices of a global operation
- Learn time-tested approaches to culture, service and leadership for your brand
- Lead efforts to raise the standards in your team or organization
- Aspiring leaders & front line personnel
- Gain skills and knowledge to advance your career and/or current role and add a Disney Degree to your credentials.
Questions and inquiries may be directed to the Western Canada ACC Excellence Summit Architects Shelagh & Sherry Kennett at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 780.518.1495 or 604.619.9393.
Although Disney Institute is presenting this program, the sponsor of this program, Alberta Chambers of Commerce, and not Disney Institute, is responsible for marketing and promoting this program, and for providing and arranging for the venue, facilities and other items for this program. This includes any food and beverage offered at or in connection with this program. Alberta Chambers of Commerce is not an agent of Disney Institute or its affiliates, and Disney Institute and its affiliates assume no liability relating to the event or for the acts or omissions of Alberta Chambers of Commerce. As to Disney artwork/properties: © Disney